Monday, March 18, 2013

Problems with Hip Hop

Where do I start? Hmmm...Shit... To be honest, I don't even listen to rap that much anymore. It's gotten to the point where I could listen to a song I never heard and predict the next few lines. The last rap album I was excited about was kendrick Lamar's Good kid, maad city. There are so many things that are wrong with hop hop, but I'm only going state a few.

Orginality: When is the last time you heard a new rapper that didn't sound like somebody else?...  I'll wait

Rhyme:I have to actually talk about words having to rhyme Smh. Is it just me or rappers now days don't even rhyme.. I thought that was the point of rhyming!! These new rappers would do a whole verse without rhyming one word!

No Sense: Most of these rappers makes no sense. I don't know why rappers think the average listener is dumb and would like anything.. Well I know why, but that's another topic

Lyrics/Message: Almost every rap song that I listen to doesn't have a message. Sure there are a couple songs that actually say something, but for the most part it's about money, hoes and clothes. How many times are you going to rap about taking my bitch? How many times are you going to call me broke and remind me that you're ballin? Switch it up a little bit.

Even the music video are predictable... Girls half naked, "goons" rapping and throwing money around... I'm taking a long break from hip hop until J.Cole's album drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment